Books to Buy
• The Collectors Guide to Psychedelic Rock Concert Posters and Handbill
1965-1973 by Eric King
The entire Psychedelic Art community is indebted to Mr. King for compiling the incredibly detailed information contained in this monumental work. A must for anyone even considering collecting.
• The Art of Rock by Paul Grushkin
This is the bible of collectors everywhere. A spectacular visual and oral history, this giant tome will look great on your coffee table. This book is frequently sold out, but we can assist you in obtaining a copy.
• The Art of The Fillmore by Gayle Lemke
Another “must have” volume that features the Bill Graham numbered and unnumbered series created exclusively for the San Francisco and New York Fillmore dance concerts. Superb full color photos and everything is cross referenced by band and poster artists.
• High Art by Ted Owen
This history of the Psychedelic Poster is richly illustrated and contains information on European poster uanavailable anywhere else. Highly Recommended!
• Off The Wall-Psychedelic Rock Posters from San Francisco by Amelie Gastaut
This book features some of the best photos ever taken of Psychedelic Art. A beautiful volume.
• Bill Graham Presents—My life Inside Rock and Out by Bill Graham
A first hand account of the birth of San Francisco rock and roll and the inventor of the Ballroom Scene. Learn for yourself why Bill Graham is widely recognized as the greatest concert promoter of all time.
• The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe
An insider’s account of the psychedelic revolution. Take a bus ride with Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters as they wreak havoc up and down the West Coast. A legendary tale.
• The Psychedelic Rock Files by Jerry Lucky
A look back at the trippy sixties, how psychedleic rock music came into being and an in depth exploration on the impact it’s had on future generations.
• Mouse and Kelley by Stanley Mouse and Alton Kelley
The story of two of the most popular and influential poster artists of all time.
• Freehand – The Art of Stanley Mouse by Stanley Mouse
Another book on one of the original San Francisco Five. Super High Quality illustrations!
• Rick Griffin by Rick Griffin
The story of the art and life of what many consider to be the greatest psychedelic poster artist of all time.
• Heart and Torch- Rick Griffin’s Transcendence by Laguna Art Museum
This book was published in conjunction with a Rick Griffin retrospective that was recently featured at The Laguna Art Museum. Simply outstanding in every respect!