This simple road map will make auctions a fun and enjoyable way to participate in this exploding market.
While buying vintage concert posters at auction can seem scary and intimidating to newbie collectors , it becomes immediately apparent after you decide to enter some bids that this can be the safest, most convenien,t and fun way to acquire the material you desire.
Follow these 5 tips for maximum success and enjoyment of this exciting collectible:
1) Learn about Vintage Concert Posters! While this should be obvious to everyone, the old saying that "common sense is really uncommon" rings true here, too.
There never has been and never will be a successful collector of anything that didn't take the time to actually learn about what they are collecting.
This hobby is growing at an exponential rate because the more you learn, the more enthusiastic you will become about the superior desirability and value that vintage concert posters offer.
Experienced collectors from other fields such as rare coins, stamps, comic books and baseball cards are totally amazed that you can STILL acquire ultra rare, 50 year old works of mind blowing art, featuring legendary bands and artists, in museum quality condition for as little as $100!
Our recommendation is to start with The Art of Rock and then proceed from there. For a complete list of reference books, click here.
2) Research Pricing! Our website offers a vast, instantly searchable database of past prices realized in our auctions. While there is literally no better information than past market performance, there are many nuances to properly utilizing this information. We have published an in depth article that explains everything you need to know. Check it out here.
3) Closely examine the posters you are interested in! Every lot in our auction is available for your personal examination at our Gallery in Baltimore, Maryland. If you are not within convenient distance, we provide a super high definition photo of every lot. These photos clearly display every millimeter of the poster!
To view the super high res photo, click on the thumbnail photo, to see an enlarged photo. Click a second time on the magnifying glass in the upper right corner of the enlarged photo to view the super high res photo..
4) Seek Expert Advice! We are here to assist you in any way possible to assure your collecting endeavors are successful. We are just a quick phone call or email away. No question is too trivial and there is NOTHING we enjoy more than "talking vintage concert posters"! Use our combined decades of experience to help you understand the rarity, desirability, value, and historical importance of the vintage concert posters you are interested in.
5) Bid with discipline! Let's face it, auctions are fun and exciting to participate in. It can be easy to get caught up in "auction fever". Figure out what you want to pay for a given lot before the auction closes and stick to that number. The easiest and most convenient way to do this is to enter a secret "max bid" and let our platform bid up to that number on your behalf. To learn more about this smart and convenient option, go here.